Monday, January 12, 2009

The Family Tree




I just don't want to confuse everybody by simply drawing a charecter . So to keep you in track I am drawing a family tree. My grandfather Jyotindra Chandra Bhattacharjee was the third son of Jagat Chandra Bhattacharjee and Kamodamoyee Bhattacharjee. And my Grandmother Kusum Rani Devi was the eldest daughter of Amar kinkor Bhattacherjee and Sukhodamoyee Bhattacharjee. They got married when my Grandfather was in his twenties and my granmother in her teens. They have four daughters and then five sons. The daughters are Minati (Meena), Niyati (Heena), Amiya (Leena) and Shelly according to order. And the sons are Shibabrata(Shibu), Debabrata(Debu), Biswabrata(Bivu), Jayabrata (Bishu) and Subrata (Bachhu).
Minati whom I called Boro Pishi got married to Nani Bhattacharjee and is permanently settled in Silchar of Assam had three children Nanda Dulal ( Dulan), Rinti and Jhuma ( I am not very sure about there good name). Niyati got married to Prashanta Ch. Bhattacharjee and had three children who are all married and settled by now. her childrens are Devjani (Mani), jayanta (Bappa), and Sumanta(suman). Amiya is married to Dr. Swapan kumar Mukherjee and have two sons Saibal (Papu) and saikat(Piplu). Shelly the youngest daughter is married to Ashotosh Bhattacharjee and again have three childrens. They are Arpita ( komola or komli), Satyabrata (Bile) and Sidhhartha (Abhi). I fondly called Niyati as Misti Pishi, amiya as NiniPishi and Shelly as Chotto pishi as they are Mistidi, Didibhai and Chotto for the Bhattacharjee brothers. I have many sweet memories related to Misti Pishi's and Ninipishi's houses (adjacent) in Krishnanagar.

So now coming to the brothers , Shibu or my boro jethu Got married to Gouri ( I call her Gourima) are are setlled in Bombay. They have two daughters Suchismita (Pupu), the eldest in the side of the brothers and Suchayita ( Sona). The next brother Debu is married to Bharati (Futu) and have two sons Kankan and Ankur (Boney). I called them Jethun , sonama dadabhai and dada(Boney). Next is my father Bivu married to my ma Minati ( Meenu / Geeta). I am Tanuka (Dona) and I have a brother Jyotibrata (Bubun) whom I called Bhai. Then The fourth brother Bishum is married to Sumitra ( Babli) and I have a sister Jagreeta ( Mam or Mona). My youngest uncle bachhu whom we fondle called Anka (since he is genius in maths) is married to Keya ( Keoung , she is Korean , the only international member of our family) and I have three siblings Robi, sarah and Neil.
I want to mention about Jaideep Bhattacharjee (Babu), son of Jagadish Ch. Bhattacharjee and Kajal Bhattacharjee. Jagadish or Borda jethu was the only son of the eldest brother of my Dadubhai. Since Borda Jethu lost his mother at his childhood, my thakurma brought him up just like her own son. He used to call my thakurma, Kakima. Right from childhood Jaideep was our Hero and we used to call him Borda. He was infact the eldest among all the Gen next Bhattacharjees.
So this is in short about the spreaded branches of my Family tree.

1 comment: