Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chobite Ramayan ar Thakurmar jhuli




Books are valuable treasures in true sense. They give new dimensions to our thinking. Just like other kids, my friendship with books are right from the time when I couldn't even read. Ma first introduced me to those bengali rhymes books. She used to read me those rhymes when I was around 1 years. One day Bishum asked Ma out of curiosity,"Boudi what is the use of reading those to her?'.
Ma just turned and asked me,"Dona please tell bishum something.' And it seems I started reciting one after another

poem. It started with poems and it went on. I still remember just like other kids, Chobite Ramayan was one of my favourite books and the picture where the God of Fire was giving the bowl of Payesha to Raja dasharatha to serve all his wifes was my favourite. I literraly used to live on those pictures. But slowly with time more variety started gathering in my list of books. Whenever I used to get hold of any family members I just used to catch hold of them and make them read a story or two to me. Thakurmar Jhuli, Bishher shresto roop katha. Specially baba used to read them during afternoon lying in the bed. Even at night sometimes I used to request baba or thakurma to read them to me. In bookfairs those kind of books used to be my point of attraction. I used to relate them to people in real life around me and fantasize about them. To me every newly wed brides are like Sita. Well decked mom's were like koushalya or Sumitra. I used to think how will they look being bejwelled like those queens. Grand chairs opr Sofa's were like throne. I used to wonder if I was born as a princess, how different my life would have been. When television soaps for Ramayana started, that added spice to the fire of my mind. I used to eagerly wait for Sunday just for that. The big epic of Ramayana that thakurma used to read used to look sodull to me. As there were bunches of pages without any picture. But slowly, that small Dona came out of them and got shifted to other inetersting books. That comes next....

No comments:

Post a Comment