Thursday, February 5, 2009

eksho bar korbo, hazar bar korbo!!


Can you guess what I want to do by screaming out "eksho bar korbo, hazar baar korbo", which means " will do it hundred times , will do it thousand times"!!!The funny part is that till date I don't know what we wanted to do! I have already mentioned about tutudadu or Hiralal Chakroborty who was our next door neighbour and Sonama's uncle as well. My mom and dad used to call him 'Mejda' and thakurma used to call him 'kanu'. He was a very jolly person and more the just a neighbour. We used to play with him, and visit his quite a few time a day when we are together. Sometimes we used to have music adda's or just adda's in his house. He even used to enjoy cooking a lot. So all of a sudden I think we did some meschief and he scolded us. Just to irritate him we started telling eksho baar korbo, hazar baar korbo..and he became angry and pretended to chase us. So from then on, whenever we used to see tutudadu, we just used to tell eksho bar korbo, hazar baar korbo and he used pretend as if he is chasing us. The thrill, the escape..everything was just great.
There was another game that we used to play frequently. 'ami ja dekhi, tumi ta dekho'? and 'name, place,animal...'.All these might funny but those were what we used to wait eagerly for throughout the year so that we can play them when Dadabhai and boney dada comes during there long vacation. Right from the time I remember, jethu ( Debu) was posted in a place called Shapotgram in assam, then Guahati, Shilchar and finally he was in Shillong when we were already grown up.
Jethu used to be the jackpot of all games. He always used to thrill us with his new ideas of new games. When power used to go off, we all used to sit in the courtyard of Gopinath bari with a Hurican litted in the front Varandah in front of Gopinath Ghor. We used to do recitations and sing songs. I still remember few lines of 'Maharaja bhoye thake poolish er thanate, ain banae joto pare na ta manate, take take chore chore sadho jodi chara thake, rokhha korite tare rakhe jail khanate. ' Boe esheche Biyer chade' was again my favourite. But I really used to admire dadabhai reciting 'Birpurush'. He used to get into the peom and I used to feel the charm of 'tumi jachho palki te Ma chore!'...We all used to sing 'Klanti amar khoma koro prabhu'. Then I never knew what is klanti at all. But while doing my masters in college, I really used to get fed up of endless examintions, submission of assignmets , tensions of scoring high, college politics...I just used to sit alone, being tired of the situation and used to sing that song from the depth of my heart. I really used to apologise to God to forgive me for all those tirdness.
I still remember everyting boron jethu or jethun after coming to agartala used to go to there maternal uncles house , fulda jethu, ranga jethu and manju jethu's house in Ramnagar road number 9. There again it was real fine to get pampered by everybody. What was a routine snack served to us there was grated milky tender coconut, with deep fried 'chira' and sprinkle of sugar on that. That just taste yummy with hot tea. We all use to go to Misti pishi and Nini pishi's house at Krishnanagar. All those were some routine activities that we always used to do with other activites like taking bath in the pond, roaming around the pond side, picking up flower for Puja ini the moring and e.t.c.
I still remember one incident. One day me and Boney dada just entered home after playing around in the locality. Boney dada used to love home made curd with lots of sugar in it. So though basically I never used to like that, but still used to have that along with him always. That day 'thakurma scream out our name and told she has kept two 'patil' full of curd in her kitchen. Both of us ran towards that immediately. And immediately looking at those boney dada understod what is wrong. But Like a fool inspite of stopped by him I put that in my mouth. That was nothing but 'chun'. I started crying immediately and I understood what I did was really foolish.
Those were really amazing, carefree days which are never going to come back in the same form. I miss those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment