Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ulto diker Durga Bhavan er Gyan Babu ar Rajmohanda

Considering life to be a real stage drama, there are always some special characters whose memories are always    cherished even though they might not be intriguingly related with our life. In my early budding years such was the role played by Gyanbabu or gyandadu of Durga bhabhan (the house which is just oppposite to our house. He was a balled old person with  a very serious look. Probably he used to give lectures to everybody and that is why he was named as gyan babu)), Saraswatir Ma ( This lady brought up her daughter 'Saraswati'by selling milk in the locality. Later got her married also. But her husband left her and so she came back to Ramnagar to stay with her mom. She was a primary school teacher but still they had those cows then), Kuttir ma and Joyer ma dida (my grand moms friends), shibupaul dadu (Joy uncle's dad and definitely a versatile personality of that time. He used to paint, do gardening and had an awesome bungalow. He used to get his grand daughter tushididi along so that I can play with her). And those dida's used to come to meet my thakurma and sometimes read along ,Ramayana,mahabharata or manasaangal. Well I must ofcourse mention Rajmohan da!! My grand mom used to appoint him for mansion work on daily basis for putting fence around garden, for harvesting coconuts beetle nuts and e.t.c. I especially usedto like the way he used to puff is Bidi and take sip on the tea that used to served to him in some old glass. From the plate they used to transfer the whole puffed rice (muri) into a special sack made out of the towel they used to wear. There was another lady who used to come once in a while to beg money from Thakurma. Thakurma used to call her 'kalishiddhya' and somehow she used to look very scary. As soon I used to hear her voice I used to ran away and hide besides Thakurmas bed. Today most of them passed   away. I dont even have any picture of them. Inspite they are alive in my memory and just as lively as I can see any of my friends now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment