Thursday, November 17, 2011

I know where the sun resides

Who knew then that the sun and the moon whom I see everyday, whom I refer to as mama (meaning maternal uncle in bengali) are actually so distant habitat. At least I never knew it then as a 3 years old. The Ramnaar road no 4 road has a end from where it bifurcates into lane which are lying perpendicularly to the main road. And at that junction where all the three lanes are meeting there used to be a Mosque. So if I used to look at the left hand side standing in front of our gate I used to see the Mosque which was about 0.5km away. Every evening I used to observe that the sun used to go and hide behind the Mosque. So the genius in me assumed that the Sun must be staying somewhere behind the Mosque.
I requested my mom several time to please take me to Sun's home once. Every time she used to tell that she will take me later. So one day I decided I can't wait anymore and started preparing for the visit. One day the opportunity came as I found my mother occupied with some cooking in the kitchen. Slowly I came out of the house and started walking towards the sun. That was evening and the sun was about to set. Few of my neighbor saw me walking alone in the street and immediately stopped me. They forcibly brought me home and told my mother everything.
Being terribly upset I kept on crying for my failed mission. Later one evening my mother took me to that area. By the time we reached it was already late evening and the sun was already set. So I keep on roaming fromone lane to another forcing my mother to come along in search of the suns house.I came back home bing upset that I could not identify the Sun's house.
It was only later when I got to know about rotation and revolution I realised  how stupid I was!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment